THE PLANET WATCH  FORUM & SNOW WATCH  
By using this site, you agree to the storage and access of cookies on any device you use to access the forum

Weather, Winter Snow Watch and General Chat Forum

Go Back   THE PLANET WATCH FORUM & SNOW WATCH > Weather Watch > General Weather Discussion & Resources

Old 22-02-2018   #31
Jeremy Shockey
Community Member

Rep Power: 12 Jeremy Shockey will become famous soon enoughJeremy Shockey will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Winter 17/18

This shows the progression of the Beast quite nicely , regards JS

Jeremy Shockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018   #32
Surrey Snow
Community Administrator

Rep Power: 50 Surrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Jeremy.

I must admit I am getting rather excited now.

SS

'Political Correctness' is an evil totalitarian ideology aiming to curtail freedom of speech and stunt freedom of thought by using Freudian brainwashing techniques.
It is like a cancer on our society and if left untreated and uncured the very least it will eventually do is blur our ability to see reality.
Surrey Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018   #33
Jeremy Shockey
Community Member

Rep Power: 12 Jeremy Shockey will become famous soon enoughJeremy Shockey will become famous soon enough

This cold spell could turn out to be historic for Early March ...... Dangerously cold infact
Old 24-02-2018   #34
Jeremy Shockey
Community Member

5 days of sub -10 850 hPa temps for London ......that's extraordinary .......no marginality from Mon to Fri ( any precipitation would be snow at sea level )

Last edited by Jeremy Shockey : 24-02-2018 at 18:04 PM.
Old 24-02-2018   #35
Surrey Snow
Community Administrator

Rep Power: 50 Surrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Snow has a reputation beyond repute

Like to take a punt with snow depths Jeremy?

I know it's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string.

Would I also be right in saying that the very cold air won't reach us until later on Monday and in to Tuesday now?

SS

'Political Correctness' is an evil totalitarian ideology aiming to curtail freedom of speech and stunt freedom of thought by using Freudian brainwashing techniques.
It is like a cancer on our society and if left untreated and uncured the very least it will eventually do is blur our ability to see reality.
Old 25-02-2018   #36
Jeremy Shockey
Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrey Snow View Post
Like to take a punt with snow depths Jeremy?

I know it's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string.

Would I also be right in saying that the very cold air won't reach us until later on Monday and in to Tuesday now?

SS
Hi Trevor , i would say 6 -15 cm for the East and South East ( Tue to Thur )

Then ( depending upon the track of the low ) a mighty blizzard somewhere on Fri. ( but marginal in the SW by then )

Some of the truly historic dumpings of snow however were delivered in marginal conditions with a big channel low hitting an entrenched cold Easterly. It will be a nowcast.

regards JS
Old 25-02-2018   #37
Michelle T
Senior Community Member ♦

Rep Power: 32 Michelle T will become famous soon enoughMichelle T will become famous soon enough

How is it looking for Portsmouth Jeremy
Michelle T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018   #38
Jeremy Shockey
Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle T View Post
How is it looking for Portsmouth Jeremy
Hi Michelle , a little bit of snow for the South Coast on Tue / Wed perhaps , but also bitterly cold.

Then the main event for Portsmouth is probably Thur into Fri with a big area of low pressure running into the very cold air. At the moment this is forecast to be heavy snow for the South with blizzards.
If the low tracks too far North then it could be a snow to rain event .....but at the moment most of the main weather models have this as heavy snow.

Good luck

JS
Old 25-02-2018   #39
Surrey Snow
Community Administrator

Thank you Jeremy.

I assume we can rely on your continued updates and predictions.

And hi Mel, long time no see.

x

SS

Old 26-02-2018   #40
Michelle T
Senior Community Member ♦

Rep Power: 32 Michelle T will become famous soon enoughMichelle T will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Shockey View Post
Hi Michelle , a little bit of snow for the South Coast on Tue / Wed perhaps , but also bitterly cold.

Then the main event for Portsmouth is probably Thur into Fri with a big area of low pressure running into the very cold air. At the moment this is forecast to be heavy snow for the South with blizzards.
If the low tracks too far North then it could be a snow to rain event .....but at the moment most of the main weather models have this as heavy snow.

Good luck

JS
It really is bitter! I'm heading out to pick my daughter up from school shortly. Shes not even far away but its too cold to walk!

Thank you so much for that detailed update. I appreciate it very much.
I love love the snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrey Snow View Post
Thank you Jeremy.

I assume we can rely on your continued updates and predictions.

And hi Mel, long time no see.

x

SS
Hey Surrey Snow xx
Michelle T is offline   Reply With Quote